It’s not too late to plan your Easter festivities with a downtown Charleston vacation. Easter is one of the best times of the year to visit Charleston because there are a ton of fun events going on in downtown. Stay at a downtown Charleston hotel like the Andrew Pinckney Inn and be close to all the great events going on! The Andrew Pinckney Inn is a boutique Charleston hotel located in the heart of downtown. The building dates back to the 1840s and was constructed in the popular West Indies style of the time and painted that classic yellow color. Their first class accommodations feature comfortable beds with luxurious linens, spacious bathrooms with upscale bath products and all the modern comforts of home like large flat screen television. The Andrew Pinckney Inn is the perfect place to stay for all the great Easter activities going on in town. Grab the kids and head out to one of these great events:
- Make your own Easter Basket- Learn how to temper, mold, fill and paint your own chocolate for an Easter treat you won’t soon forget. Baskets will be available for you to put your chocolates into. The event will take place at Christophe Artisan Chocolatier Kitchen from 6-9 pm on March 19th and costs $95.
- Easter Eggstravaganza –This annual event is held at Middleton Place and kids need to bring their own basket to hunt for eggs in the garden. Once they have found enough eggs they can take them to the stableyards to dye them. Children can also play traditional colonial games and participate in an egg roll, egg toss and making Easter crafts.
- Easter Festival at Freshfields Village- Located on Johns Island, this Easter celebration is for the kids on Saturday, March 30th. There will be all sorts of fun activities including jump houses, face-painting, arts and crafts and live entertainment. Even the Easter Bunny will be there posing for picture. The event lasts all afternoon from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Magnolia’s Easter Egg Hunt- Magnolia Plantation is going to be having a huge Easter Egg on Saturday, March 30th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be three Easter Egg Hunts divided up by age group. Kids will search on the plantations huge great lawn for eggs with awesome prizes like a birthday party for 30 children or a nature boat ride.
- The Hat Ladies Easter Promenade- Dozens of Charleston women will be donning their fun Easter Hats for this carriage parade around town. This event is taking place on Saturday the 30th and 11 a.m.
Make sure to come to Historic Charleston for these fun Easter Events the whole family will enjoy. The weather is beautiful in Charleston in the spring and you do not want to miss it.