Going on vacation to a new city can be stressful. If you are planning a vacation to historic Charleston here are five things you absolutely need to pack.
5. Camera- This is kind of an obvious thing, but if you are coming on vacation to Charleston make sure to bring a camera. There are dozens of amazing historical sites, amazing architecture and beautiful sunrises that visitors are going to want to take pictures of.
4. Map/GPS- Downtown Charleston is full of fun side streets with boutique shops, but it’s also very easy to get turned-around or lost in downtown. Take it from someone who has gotten lost before in downtown; bring a GPS or a map. Make your life really easy and bring your smartphone and use it as a map and a camera.
3. Sunscreen- If you are visiting in the winter, sunscreen isn’t that big of a deal. In the middle of summer, however, you are going to want a good sunscreen when walking around Charleston. The hot summer sun and the harbor make it very easy to get sunburnt.
2. Cheap Sunglasses- Nothing is worse than losing a pricey pair of designer sunglasses on vacation. Countless vacationers have left their sunglasses in hotels rooms, restaurants or on the beach. Be safe and buy a pair of cheap sunglasses to bring with you. That way if you lose them, it won’t hurt your wallet so badly.
1. Walking Shoes- Comfortable walking shows is a must have for downtown Charleston. Almost everything in the town is within walking distance of downtown Charleston hotels, but visitors are going to walk everywhere. So whether you like boat shoes or flip-flops, make sure they are comfortable to spend a day walking several miles in.
Make sure to bring these five items when you vacation with the Andrew Pinckney Inn in beautiful historical downtown Charleston.